Unite and recover for Queensland Jobs released — The three priorities for stage 1 cover building vital infrastructure, strengthening Queensland’s industries and enabling future growth. Measures in the strategy include:
- $100 million Small Business Adaption Grants open for applications — Grants of up to $10,000 are available to eligible small businesses to recover and rebuild their operations. Grants can pay for specialist advice, marketing and communications, strategy development and digital equipment or technology. Apply online.
- $400 million road stimulus package — New and accelerated funds for upgrading key freight routes, older bridges and culverts on top of projects already underway or scheduled.
- Jobs supported through $200 million council program — Funds for 2020-21 COVID Works for Queensland Program to support local governments’ pandemic economic recovery efforts.
- Queensland tourism boost to Unite and Recover from COVID-19 — $50 million for domestic tourism campaign and support for tourism businesses including theme and animal parks.
- $50 million to back essential medical supplies manufacture in Queensland — Funding to support Queensland businesses that switched to producing essential supplies to develop and expand this capacity into the future.