The Queensland Government has announced a range of initiatives to support the Queensland Economic Recovery Strategy, including $100 million to support small businesses via Small Business Adaption Grants of up to $10,000.
The grants are designed to assist small businesses that have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by the COVID-19 shutdown restrictions, helping them adapt, sustain their operations, and build resilience.
The available grant amount is up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible small or micro business. The funding can be used towards the following:
- financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- building the business through marketing and communications activities, for example, content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- digital/technological strategy development
- digital training or re-training to adapt to new business models
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 safe requirements
- specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering)
- meeting business costs, including utilities, rent.
Further information about the grants is available on the Business Queensland website.