The Australian Association for Unmanned Systems (AAUS) held it’s RPA’s in Australian Skies 2019 convention in Canberra on July 17-18. Over 250 delegates came together to discuss the safe integration of Remote Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) into the national airspace.
- Policy and Regulatory updates from CASA, AirServices Australia and the Australian Defence Force
- Airspace and Air Traffic Management (ATM & UTM)
- Australian very low airspace environment, challenges and opportunities
- Defence plans for RPAS use in domestic civil airspace
- Lessons learned from RPAS operations in shared airspace with focus on BVLOS
- Industry challenges and perspectives
- Training requirements for future RPAS operators
- ATSB RPAS data and trends
- Emerging technology and innovative solutions enabling RPAS integration into Australian airspace
- Detect and Avoid concepts and emerging standards
- Future infrastructure requirements to enable drone delivery and urban air mobility.
Click here to view the conference program and presentations.
Congratulations also go to the AAUS Industry Champions Awards who were announced during the convention. These included:
- The Leadership Award winner – LTCOL Keirin Joyce (Australian Army)
- The Innovation Award winner – SYPAQ Systems
- The Education and Safety Award winner – Aviassist
- The Humanitarian Achievement Awards winner – Team Rubicon Australia
- The NextGen Achievement Award winner – Anthony Marsh (AirAssess)
Click here for more information on the awards.