Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
Latest Road Passenger News
As part of National Safe Work Month, see the below snapshot of Road Transport fatalities and worker's compensation claims. Facebook Twitter LinkedInread more
Bus driver safety self-assessment Between 2009 and 2014, there were 63 accepted workers’ compensation claims for work-related stress experienced by bus drivers in Queensland, at an average cost of more than $58,000 per claim. This does not include uninsured costs. The...read more