Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
Latest Road Passenger News
The Driving Instructor Skill Set, from the TLI Transport and Logistics Training Package, has been updated to include current TAE Training and Education Units of Competency. Click here to view the updated Skill Set. Article courtesy of Australian Industry...read more
Heavy vehicle supply chain businesses can access information on safety practices from other transport and logistics operators in a new NHVR video. NHVR CEO Sal Petroccitto said the latest NHVR video provided first-hand accounts from four heavy vehicle operators and...read more
The Australian Industry Standards Technical Advisory Committees for the TLI Rail, Yard Operations and Scheduler Projects have finalised draft Training Package materials. Click on the projects below to find out more: RAIL SAFETY YARD OPERATIONS SCHEDULER ...read more