Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
COVID-19: Personalised transport updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s $23 million funding package for taxi and limousine operators.
- Learn about COVID-19 fee relief and support resources available for the personalised transport industry.
- Find personalised transport workplace resources from Safe Work Australia.
Latest Road Passenger News
The Queensland Government is implementing reforms to the personalised transport industry and is now in Stage 3 delivery. The Personalised Transport Industry survey is now open and should be a key input to the Stage 3 review. It presents an opportunity for all industry...
The 2019 Taxi Council Queensland Industry Awards recognise and celebrate people who make an outstanding contribution to the improvement of the industry. Awards dinner information: Venue: Rydges Hotel South Bank, 9 Glenelg St South BrisbaneDate: Tuesday, 26 November...
Transport Women Australia Limited and Daimler Truck & Bus Australia Pacific have announced the establishment of their Driving the Difference scholarship program for women in, or wishing to join, the transport industry. As part of this initiative, Transport Women...