Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
COVID-19: Personalised transport updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s $23 million funding package for taxi and limousine operators.
- Learn about COVID-19 fee relief and support resources available for the personalised transport industry.
- Find personalised transport workplace resources from Safe Work Australia.
Latest Road Passenger News
Australian Industry Standards are holding a series of Industry Skills 360 webinars about emerging trends for industry, cross-sector issues, and proposed qualification changes to support workforce needs. Hear from the Industry Reference Committee about current industry...
Feedback closing Monday 8 March 2021. The Technical Advisory Committees (TACs) for the Supply Chain Operations - Certificates I and IV and Driving Operations projects have drafted materials and would like your feedback. Supply Chain Operations - Certificates I and IV...
The Transport and Logistics Training Package (Release 8.0) has been endorsed by Skills Ministers for implementation. The Transport and Logistics and Rail Industry Reference Committees, with support from Technical Advisory Committees, have developed new occupational...