Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
COVID-19: Personalised transport updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s $23 million funding package for taxi and limousine operators.
- Learn about COVID-19 fee relief and support resources available for the personalised transport industry.
- Find personalised transport workplace resources from Safe Work Australia.
Latest Road Passenger News
About the forum The 2021 Daimler Truck and Bus Future Leaders’ Forum is a career-defining opportunity to develop your potential as a future leader of the trucking industry and the ATA’s network of member associations. The 2021 program will consist of: Two days of...
Closing Thursday 15 April 2021. The Technical Advisory Committees (TACs) for the Supply Chain Operations – Certificates I and IV and Driving Operations projects have considered all stakeholder feedback and revised draft training materials. Final draft materials have...
Closing Friday 30 April 2021. The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) is seeking feedback on the draft Heavy Vehicle Safety Strategy 2021-2025. The Safety Strategy sets out the NHVR's strategic ambitions to improve heavy vehicle safety outcomes and contribute to a...