Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
Latest Road Passenger News
The DigiT&L Futures program is a new initiative led by the QTA. The program aims to assist industries impacted by digital disruption by supporting a transition and adoption of new practices by existing workers. DIGIT&L FUTURES (Excel Skills) provides support...read more
TLI40118 - CERTIFICATE IV IN TRANSPORT SCHEDULING Second release of the qualification for those engaged in the Transport and Logistics Industry in a scheduling role. This is a qualification for those engaged in the Transport and Logistics Industry in a scheduling...read more
Jobs Queensland's Anticipating Future Skills project has been designed to help industries and regions with uncertainty around the changing future of work. The project's final report has been launched and gives crucial information to business, employers, workers and...read more