Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
Latest Road Passenger News
A Case for Change has been developed by the Transport and Logistics IRC to address the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) regulatory reforms concerning Freight Forwarding and Chain of Responsibility. The proposed review of TLI50316 Diploma of International Freight...read more
The Transport and Logistics Industry Reference Committee (IRC) invites stakeholders to provide feedback to inform the development of the 2018 Transport and Logistics IRC Skills Forecast. Feedback can be provided by clicking here. The opportunity to have input into the...read more
The Driving Instructor Skill Set, from the TLI Transport and Logistics Training Package, has been updated to include current TAE Training and Education Units of Competency. Click here to view the updated Skill Set. Article courtesy of Australian Industry...read more