Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
COVID-19: Personalised transport updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s $23 million funding package for taxi and limousine operators.
- Learn about COVID-19 fee relief and support resources available for the personalised transport industry.
- Find personalised transport workplace resources from Safe Work Australia.
Latest Road Passenger News
The Case for Endorsement and draft training package materials have been released for Transport & Logistics Training Package Release 10.0. This included work on the following projects: TLI Driving Operations - The updated Certificate II, III and IV in Driving...
The Transport and Logistics Industry Reference Committee (IRC) has developed Cases for Change for Training Package development work to address priority skills needs in the occupational areas below and is seeking your feedback. Customs Broking Driving Instruction...
The Brisbane Truck Show Jobs Hub is a one-stop-shop for students, job seekers, industry and employment stakeholders that will showcase the best of the heavy vehicle industry in a dynamic and interesting way to entice young people and job seekers into gainful...