Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
COVID-19: Personalised transport updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s $23 million funding package for taxi and limousine operators.
- Learn about COVID-19 fee relief and support resources available for the personalised transport industry.
- Find personalised transport workplace resources from Safe Work Australia.
Latest Road Passenger News
The Transport and Logistics Training Package (Release 8.0) has been endorsed by Skills Ministers for implementation. The Transport and Logistics and Rail Industry Reference Committees, with support from Technical Advisory Committees, have developed new occupational...
The Road Freight Resilience Program is designed by the Queensland Trucking Association to support current workforce development needs by offering transport and logistics businesses a range of short online courses (microcredentials) focussing on improving safety,...
The Department of Transport and Main Roads is undertaking its annual survey of the personalised transport industry. The Department is looking for feedback from stakeholders on their experiences in the industry in the last 12 months, what it's like working in the...