Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
Latest Road Passenger News
The Department of Employment, Small Business and Training are hosting an employer and industry consultation session for the Certificate III in Driving Operations. The Certificate III in Driving Operations is being reviewed as part of the planned 'Market Performance...read more
The 2018 IRC Key Findings Discussion Papers have been released for industry consultation. Outlining the future opportunities, challenges and new and emerging skills within the aviation, transport and logistics, maritime, energy, water and utilities, public safety,...read more
A Case for Change has been developed by the Transport and Logistics IRC to review two qualifications, TLI32416 Certificate III in Logistics and TLI42516 Certificate IV in Traffic Operations due to increases in traffic flow congestion and new technologies. TLI32416...read more