Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
Latest Road Passenger News
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the TLI Heavy Vehicle Driver Safety Project has finalised draft materials and would like your feedback.In addition, feedback is requested as to whether the unitsTLIC2002, TLIC3003, TLIC3004, TLIC3005 and TLIC4006...read more
On behalf of the Industry Reference Committees (IRC's) that Australian Industry Standards (AIS) supports, the eleven 2019 IRC Skills Forecast and Proposed Schedule of Work documents have been submitted to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC).The IRC...read more
Protecting the safety of all road users and reducing the road toll is a national priority, with the skill and knowledge level of drivers being a critical ingredient in road safety.The Transport and Logistics’ Industry Reference Committee is working on a project to...read more