Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
COVID-19: Personalised transport updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s $23 million funding package for taxi and limousine operators.
- Learn about COVID-19 fee relief and support resources available for the personalised transport industry.
- Find personalised transport workplace resources from Safe Work Australia.
Latest Road Passenger News
The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) is calling for submissions for the next round of Australian Government funding to support industry-led safety projects. NHVR CEO Sal Petroccitto said “We are looking for submissions that detail implementable,...
The Australian Industry Standards Technical Advisory Committee for the TLI Scheduler Training Package Project has released draft qualifications, including new and reviewed Units of Competency, for feedback. To view the project updates and drafts, click on...
As part of National Safe Work Month, see the below snapshot of Road Transport fatalities and worker's compensation claims. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn