Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
COVID-19: Personalised transport updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s $23 million funding package for taxi and limousine operators.
- Learn about COVID-19 fee relief and support resources available for the personalised transport industry.
- Find personalised transport workplace resources from Safe Work Australia.
Latest Road Passenger News
The Australian Industry Standards Technical Advisory Committees for the TLI Rail, Yard Operations and Scheduler Projects have finalised draft Training Package materials. Click on the projects below to find out more: RAIL SAFETY YARD OPERATIONS SCHEDULER ...
Queensland Trucking Association (QTA) have announced the launch of the 2018 pilot “Women Take the Wheel” program, commencing in January 2018. Industry feedback, documented skill shortages, as well as the report produced by Volvo in 2016 titled...
Workforce: The number of individuals employed within the industry as measured by ABS. Value Add: The industry’s contribution to the Australian GDP (measured in $AUD billions). Growth: The anticipated percentage growth of the Workforce, over the next five years (to...