Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
COVID-19: Personalised transport updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s $23 million funding package for taxi and limousine operators.
- Learn about COVID-19 fee relief and support resources available for the personalised transport industry.
- Find personalised transport workplace resources from Safe Work Australia.
Latest Road Passenger News
A Case for Change has been developed by the Transport and Logistics IRC to review two qualifications, TLI32416 Certificate III in Logistics and TLI42516 Certificate IV in Traffic Operations due to increases in traffic flow congestion and new technologies. TLI32416...
A Case for Change has been developed by the Transport and Logistics IRC to address the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) regulatory reforms concerning Freight Forwarding and Chain of Responsibility. The proposed review of TLI50316 Diploma of International Freight...
The Transport and Logistics Industry Reference Committee (IRC) invites stakeholders to provide feedback to inform the development of the 2018 Transport and Logistics IRC Skills Forecast. Feedback can be provided by clicking here. The opportunity to have input into the...