Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
COVID-19: Personalised transport updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s $23 million funding package for taxi and limousine operators.
- Learn about COVID-19 fee relief and support resources available for the personalised transport industry.
- Find personalised transport workplace resources from Safe Work Australia.
Latest Road Passenger News
Comments to be submitted by 25 October 2020. The National Transport Commission (NTC) has released the HVNL review consultation regulation impact statement (RIS) which includes over 40 reform options to improve the Heavy Vehicle National Law. The structure of each...
On Tuesday 16 June 2020, The Queensland Government announced an additional $23 million to support the state’s taxi and limousine operators as Queensland continues its COVID-19 recovery. The $23 million stimulus package includes: One-off payments of $3,500 per vehicle...
COVID-19 Hygiene Awareness for Passenger Transport Drivers is a FREE online course for drivers of personalised transport vehicles, developed as a joint initiative by DRVR Training and Transport Alliance Australia. It is designed to give drivers information on hygiene...