Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
COVID-19: Personalised transport updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s $23 million funding package for taxi and limousine operators.
- Learn about COVID-19 fee relief and support resources available for the personalised transport industry.
- Find personalised transport workplace resources from Safe Work Australia.
Latest Road Passenger News
Closing Friday 18 March 2022. The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the TLI Electric Heavy Vehicle Project has drafted training package materials, including two Units of Competency, and is inviting feedback. The draft materials address the required skills and...
Closing Tuesday 25 January 2022. The Electric Heavy Vehicle project has commenced and the Transport and Logistics Industry Reference Committee is forming a Technical Advisory Committee. Your industry expertise and insight are welcome to help review and develop...
On Friday 3 December, AIS hosted its Transport & Logistics Industry Skills Webinar, facilitated by Director of IRC Operations, Klausch Schmidt and featuring Chair of the Transport & Logistics Industry Reference Committee, Mark McKenzie, and AIS Industry Skills...