Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
COVID-19: Personalised transport updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s $23 million funding package for taxi and limousine operators.
- Learn about COVID-19 fee relief and support resources available for the personalised transport industry.
- Find personalised transport workplace resources from Safe Work Australia.
Latest Road Passenger News
Closing Monday 19 July 2021. The Transport and Logistics Industry Reference Committee (IRC) is looking for subject matter experts to form Technical Advisory Committees (TACs) for three new projects which have now commenced. Your industry expertise and insight is...
Four Points of Contact is a study and education campaign for new heavy vehicle drivers that Shift Training has successfully received funding for as part of the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator’s Heavy Vehicle Safety Initiative. The program will provide a short course...
Closing Friday, 18 June 2021. The Bruce Highway Trust Advisory Council and the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) are seeking your views on issues and priorities for the Bruce Highway, which connects the 1,677km length from Brisbane to Cairns along the...