Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
Latest Road Passenger News
Training package development work has now been completed on the below projects. The draft training package materials have undergone independent edit and quality assurance and the Case for Endorsement is scheduled to be submitted to the Australian Industry Skills...
The Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) is updating its National Industry Insight Reports. These reports present skills, training, employment and labour market information and data. The Transport industry plays a key role in enabling Australia’s economic...
The Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics has released the National profile of Transport, Postal and Warehousing workers in 2016. This study used ABS 2016 census data and provides details of the sub-industries in which Transport, Postal and...