Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
Latest Road Passenger News
Closes Tuesday, 30 April 2019. The Technical Advisory Committee for the TLI Freight Forwarding Project has finalised draft materials for the project and would like your feedback.Click on the link below to view the draft qualification, units of competency...read more
Closes Tuesday, 30 April 2019. The Technical Advisory Committee for the TLI Chain of Responsibility Project, has finalised draft materials for the project and would like your feedback.Click on the link below to view the draft units of competency and to...read more
Skin Cancer is Australia’s most common form of cancer, with 2 in 3 Australians developing skin cancer before the age of 70. Early detection is vital in saving lives.As part of the Heavy Vehicle Safety Around Ports project, all businesses within the Port of Brisbane...read more