Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
COVID-19: Personalised transport updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s $23 million funding package for taxi and limousine operators.
- Learn about COVID-19 fee relief and support resources available for the personalised transport industry.
- Find personalised transport workplace resources from Safe Work Australia.
Latest Road Passenger News
The National Road Transport Associaton (NatRoad) has launched a new recruitment website - Road Transport Careers designed to address the industry skills shortage. The website showcases the diversity of road transport careers and offers comprehensive information and...
Austroads have issued an update on the Review of the National Heavy Vehicle Driver Competency Framework. The framework was originally endorsed in 2011 and in conjunction with the National Heavy Vehicle Assessment Guide, provides for minimum competencies and assessment...
The Cummins TMC Scholarship is an initiative that provides heavy vehicle apprentices with the experience and tools needed to develop industry knowledge and skills. The scholarship is awarded to three heavy vehicle industry apprentices and provides the opportunity to...