Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
COVID-19: Personalised transport updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s $23 million funding package for taxi and limousine operators.
- Learn about COVID-19 fee relief and support resources available for the personalised transport industry.
- Find personalised transport workplace resources from Safe Work Australia.
Latest Road Passenger News
The final Case for Endorsement and training package materials for TLI Training Package (Release 8.0) have been submitted to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) for consideration. This included work on the following projects: TLI Rail Infrastructure...
The Heavy Vehicle Transport Industry: Chain of Responsibility Survey aims to identify whether or not the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) and Compliance & Enforcement (C&E) legislation is having effective impacts on organisational and driving behaviours...
Registrations close Wednesday 30 September 2020. Work has commenced on the projects below and the Transport & Logistics Industry Reference Committee is looking for subject matter experts to form a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for each project. TLI Driving...