Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
Latest Road Passenger News
Workforce: The number of individuals employed within the industry as measured by ABS. Value Add: The industry’s contribution to the Australian GDP (measured in $AUD billions). Growth: The anticipated percentage growth of the Workforce, over the next five years (to...read more
The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) is calling for submissions for the next round of Australian Government funding to support industry-led safety projects. NHVR CEO Sal Petroccitto said “We are looking for submissions that detail implementable,...read more
The Australian Industry Standards Technical Advisory Committee for the TLI Scheduler Training Package Project has released draft qualifications, including new and reviewed Units of Competency, for feedback. To view the project updates and drafts, click on...read more