Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
COVID-19: Personalised transport updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s $23 million funding package for taxi and limousine operators.
- Learn about COVID-19 fee relief and support resources available for the personalised transport industry.
- Find personalised transport workplace resources from Safe Work Australia.
Latest Road Passenger News
The Transport and Logistics Training Package (Release 10.0) has been endorsed by the Skills Ministers for implementation. The Transport and Logistics Industry Reference Committee and Rail Industry Reference Committee, with the support of Technical Advisory committees,...
Closing Monday 20 December 2021. Australian Industry Standards (AIS) is inviting responses from industry to their annual Industry Skills Survey about key issues affecting skills and workforce development and are encouraging key industry stakeholders to participate....
The Transport and Logistics Industry Reference Committee (IRC) undertook consultation with industry during September and October 2021 to assess support for a national heavy vehicle driver apprenticeship proposal. Participation from industry in this consultation was...