Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
Latest Road Passenger News
AISC approve Transport and Logistics Training Package release 6.0 and Cross Sector Supply Chain Skills
At its meeting on Tuesday 25 February 2020, the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) approved the Transport and Logistics Training Package Release 6.0 for referral to the COAG Skills Council for endorsement. The training package included material for :...
Queensland's first driverless bus trial began on Karragarra Island, paving the way for autonomous vehicles across the state. The RACQ Smart Shuttle will be making trips around the island on weekdays and residents and visitors will be able to ride the bus for free...
Training package development work has now been completed on the below projects. The draft training package materials have undergone independent edit and quality assurance and the Case for Endorsement is scheduled to be submitted to the Australian Industry Skills...