Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
Latest Road Passenger News
Nominations open until 5 November 2019. The 2019 Taxi Council Queensland Industry Awards recognise and celebrate people who make an outstanding contribution to the improvement of the industry. Awards dinner information: Venue: Rydges Hotel South Bank, 9 Glenelg St...
Transport Women Australia Limited and Daimler Truck & Bus Australia Pacific have announced the establishment of their Driving the Difference scholarship program for women in, or wishing to join, the transport industry. As part of this initiative, Transport Women...
Inquiry into the importance of a viable, safe, sustainable and efficient road transport industry – Submissions invited
Deadline extended to 8 November 2019. On 11 September 2019, the Senate announced that the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport References Committee will be undertaking an inquiry into the importance of a viable, safe, sustainable and efficient road transport...