Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
Latest Road Passenger News
Heavy vehicle operators and supply chain parties can now check the registration status of their fleet on a mobile phone app, no matter which state their vehicles are located.NHVR CEO Sal Petroccitto said the free NHVR Registration Checker app enabled drivers and...read more
Read direct feedback from industry in relation to skills, training and workforce needs. The T&L Future Ready Report was commissioned by Jobs Queensland to identify the priority skills needs, skill shortages, opportunities and challenges for the future workforce...read more
The DigiT&L Futures program is a new initiative led by the QTA. The program aims to assist industries impacted by digital disruption by supporting a transition and adoption of new practices by existing workers. DIGIT&L FUTURES (Excel Skills) provides support...read more