Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
Latest Road Passenger News
Nominations close 13 September 2019. The Cummins TMC Scholarship is an initiative that provides heavy vehicle apprentices with the experience and tools needed to develop industry knowledge and skills.The scholarship is awarded to three heavy vehicle...read more
Teletrac Navman have released a whitepaper for the Driving Change - Women in Transport campaign. Technology has changed the way workers perform their roles in the transport and logistics industry and we are seeing more women employed than ever. This campaign...read more
As a direct result of the 2019 Skills Forecasts & Proposed Schedule of Work submitted by the Industry Reference Committees (IRCs) Australian Industry Standards (AIS) supports, the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) has approved the transport and...read more