Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
COVID-19: Personalised transport updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s $23 million funding package for taxi and limousine operators.
- Learn about COVID-19 fee relief and support resources available for the personalised transport industry.
- Find personalised transport workplace resources from Safe Work Australia.
Latest Road Passenger News
The Heavy Vehicle Transport Industry: Chain of Responsibility Survey aims to identify whether or not the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) and Compliance & Enforcement (C&E) legislation is having effective impacts on organisational and driving behaviours...
Registrations close Wednesday 30 September 2020. Work has commenced on the projects below and the Transport & Logistics Industry Reference Committee is looking for subject matter experts to form a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for each project. TLI Driving...
The 2020 IRC Skills Forecasts are now available to download. Industry Reference Committees (IRCs) have developed a 4 year proposed schedule of work identifying priority skills needs of industry and the proposed future training package activity required to address...