Road Passenger Sector
- The Road Passenger sector includes businesses that provide passenger transport such as buses, coaches and taxis.
- These businesses deal with the challenges of operating in congested urban centres and the impact of fluctuations in the tourism industry.
- Over the past five years, increasing road congestion and expanding transport networks have driven growth in the passenger transport industry (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Commuter transport services dominate the industry, with charter services making up a smaller portion of industry activity (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Over the past five years, the passenger transport has grown and demand from passengers has increased and governments have invested in expansion.
COVID-19: Personalised transport updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s $23 million funding package for taxi and limousine operators.
- Learn about COVID-19 fee relief and support resources available for the personalised transport industry.
- Find personalised transport workplace resources from Safe Work Australia.
Latest Road Passenger News
The Brisbane Truck Show Jobs Hub is a one-stop-shop for students, job seekers, industry and employment stakeholders that will showcase the best of the heavy vehicle industry in a dynamic and interesting way to entice young people and job seekers into gainful...
About the forum The 2021 Daimler Truck and Bus Future Leaders’ Forum is a career-defining opportunity to develop your potential as a future leader of the trucking industry and the ATA’s network of member associations. The 2021 program will consist of: Two days of...
Closing Thursday 15 April 2021. The Technical Advisory Committees (TACs) for the Supply Chain Operations – Certificates I and IV and Driving Operations projects have considered all stakeholder feedback and revised draft training materials. Final draft materials have...