Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
COVID-19: Transport industry updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s relief package to support transport operators including regional air, bus, ferry, heavy vehicle and personalised transport services.
- Read about Queensland state border access restrictions, including how to apply for an entry pass. Read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures for more information.
- View information on changes to transport and motoring services.
- Stay up to date with the road network conditions.
- Find workplace resources for the road freight industry from Safe Work Australia.
- Read about the Infection Control Training Fund available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including transport and logistics.
Latest Road Freight News
Feedback closes Monday 13 July 2020. The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the TLI Logistics and Warehousing Operations Project, has finalised draft materials for the proposed Certificate II in Supply Chain Operations Qualification and would like your feedback. ...
The Australian Dairy industry and training providers have co-designed a short accredited course for Milk Tank Operators. Operators will be able to obtain a nationally accredited, transferable qualification through the Milk Tanker Operators Short Course offered via...
Gain a qualification for work in the transport industry. Get BUSY Trucking - Diesel Mechanics is a course for women providing the skills and confidence that can lead to a career in the Transport/Automotive industry. The course is delivered by Busy At Work and is...