Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
Teletrac Navman have released a whitepaper for the Driving Change - Women in Transport campaign. Technology has changed the way workers perform their roles in the transport and logistics industry and we are seeing more women employed than ever. This campaign...
Work has commenced on the Fuel Storage Dangerous Goods Contractor Project and the Logistics and Warehousing Operations Project. The Transport and Logistics Industry Reference Committee is forming Technical Advisory Committees (TAC) for these projects and...
As a direct result of the 2019 Skills Forecasts & Proposed Schedule of Work submitted by the Industry Reference Committees (IRCs) Australian Industry Standards (AIS) supports, the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) has approved the transport and...