Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the TLI Logistics and Warehousing Operations Project, has finalised draft materials and is inviting feedback. During the review the TAC identified the following units for deletion: TLIP2014 TLIP2017 TLIP2018 Please submit...
The Australian Trucking Association (ATA) and Teletrac Navman have today announced the participants of a ground-breaking initiative that will celebrate the industry’s diversity and develop diversity champions. An industry first, the 2020 Teletrac Navman Driving...
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the TLI Fuel Storage Dangerous Goods Contractor Project, has finalised draft materials and would like your feedback. Draft units of competency are available and feedback can be submitted up to close of business Friday 28...