Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
A Case for Change has been developed by the Transport and Logistics IRC to address the need for skilled pallet and pooled equipment workers across the Transport and Logistics supply chain. The Transport and Logistics IRC recommends that a new Skill Set and associated...read more
A Case for Change has been developed by the Transport and Logistics IRC to address the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) regulatory reforms concerning Freight Forwarding and Chain of Responsibility. The proposed review of TLI50316 Diploma of International Freight...read more
The Transport and Logistics Industry Reference Committee (IRC) invites stakeholders to provide feedback to inform the development of the 2018 Transport and Logistics IRC Skills Forecast. Feedback can be provided by clicking here. The opportunity to have input into the...read more