Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
COVID-19: Transport industry updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s relief package to support transport operators including regional air, bus, ferry, heavy vehicle and personalised transport services.
- Read about Queensland state border access restrictions, including how to apply for an entry pass. Read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures for more information.
- View information on changes to transport and motoring services.
- Stay up to date with the road network conditions.
- Find workplace resources for the road freight industry from Safe Work Australia.
- Read about the Infection Control Training Fund available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including transport and logistics.
Latest Road Freight News
EndorsementThe Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) has approved the Case for Endorsement for Training Package implementation.The approved TLI Transport and Logistics Training Package Release 5.0 is now available on training.gov.au.The following...
The lastest TLI activity updates: TLI Autonomous Rail Vehicle and Human Factors Case for Change TLI Freight Forwarding & Chain of Responsibility Case for Change TLI High Risk Work Licence Project TLI Logistics and Traffic Operations Case for Change ...
The Department of Employment, Small Business and Training are hosting an employer and industry consultation session for the Certificate III in Driving Operations. The Certificate III in Driving Operations is being reviewed as part of the planned 'Market Performance...