Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
Heavy vehicle operators and supply chain parties can now check the registration status of their fleet on a mobile phone app, no matter which state their vehicles are located.NHVR CEO Sal Petroccitto said the free NHVR Registration Checker app enabled drivers and...read more
Read direct feedback from industry in relation to skills, training and workforce needs. The T&L Future Ready Report was commissioned by Jobs Queensland to identify the priority skills needs, skill shortages, opportunities and challenges for the future workforce...read more
The DigiT&L Futures program is a new initiative led by the QTA. The program aims to assist industries impacted by digital disruption by supporting a transition and adoption of new practices by existing workers. DIGIT&L FUTURES (Excel Skills) provides support...read more