Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
The Australian Industry Standards Technical Advisory Committees for the TLI Rail, Yard Operations and Scheduler Projects have finalised draft Training Package materials. Click on the projects below to find out more: RAIL SAFETY YARD OPERATIONS SCHEDULER ...
Queensland Trucking Association (QTA) have announced the launch of the 2018 pilot “Women Take the Wheel” program, commencing in January 2018. Industry feedback, documented skill shortages, as well as the report produced by Volvo in 2016 titled...
Workforce: The number of individuals employed within the industry as measured by ABS. Value Add: The industry’s contribution to the Australian GDP (measured in $AUD billions). Growth: The anticipated percentage growth of the Workforce, over the next five years (to...