Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
COVID-19: Transport industry updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s relief package to support transport operators including regional air, bus, ferry, heavy vehicle and personalised transport services.
- Read about Queensland state border access restrictions, including how to apply for an entry pass. Read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures for more information.
- View information on changes to transport and motoring services.
- Stay up to date with the road network conditions.
- Find workplace resources for the road freight industry from Safe Work Australia.
- Read about the Infection Control Training Fund available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including transport and logistics.
Latest Road Freight News
The Transport and Logistics Industry Reference Committee (IRC) has developed Cases for Change for Training Package development work to address priority skills needs in the occupational areas below and is seeking your feedback. Customs Broking Driving Instruction...
The Brisbane Truck Show Jobs Hub is a one-stop-shop for students, job seekers, industry and employment stakeholders that will showcase the best of the heavy vehicle industry in a dynamic and interesting way to entice young people and job seekers into gainful...
About the forum The 2021 Daimler Truck and Bus Future Leaders’ Forum is a career-defining opportunity to develop your potential as a future leader of the trucking industry and the ATA’s network of member associations. The 2021 program will consist of: Two days of...