Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
The National Road Transport Associaton (NatRoad) has launched a new recruitment website - Road Transport Careers designed to address the industry skills shortage. The website showcases the diversity of road transport careers and offers comprehensive information and...
Austroads have issued an update on the Review of the National Heavy Vehicle Driver Competency Framework. The framework was originally endorsed in 2011 and in conjunction with the National Heavy Vehicle Assessment Guide, provides for minimum competencies and assessment...
As a direct result of the 2019 Skills Forecasts & Proposed Schedule of Work submitted by the Industry Reference Committees (IRCs) Australian Industry Standards (AIS) supports, the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) has approved the projects listed...