Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
Jobs Queensland's Anticipating Future Skills project has been designed to help industries and regions with uncertainty around the changing future of work. The project's final report has been launched and gives crucial information to business, employers, workers and...read more
Endorsement The Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) has approved the Case for Endorsement for Training Package implementation. The approved TLI Transport and Logistics Training Package Release 5.0 is now available on training.gov.au. The...read more
The lastest TLI activity updates: TLI Autonomous Rail Vehicle and Human Factors Case for Change TLI Freight Forwarding & Chain of Responsibility Case for Change TLI High Risk Work Licence Project TLI Logistics and Traffic Operations Case for Change ...read more