Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
The Technical Advisory Committee for the TLI Traffic Operations Project, has finalised draft materials for this project and would like your feedback. Click here to view the draft units of competency and to submit your feedback.Feedback to be submitted by...read more
On Friday 14th December 2018, the Queensland Trucking Association (QTA Ltd) and Port of Brisbane Pty Ltd (PBPL) commenced a 12-month pilot of the new ‘SmartCap’ technology as part of its two-year Heavy Vehicle Safety Around Portsproject.SmartCap is a wearable...read more
Australia’s leading safety accreditation scheme, TruckSafe, is preparing the trucking industry for the introduction of the new Master Industry Code of Practice.Aimed at improving the professionalism and safety of trucking operators nationwide, TruckSafe will release a...read more