Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
Gladstone Ports Corporation (GPC) has opened applications for it's highly successful Apprenticeship & Traineeship Program.After celebrating record tonnages through its three port precincts in Gladstone, Rockhampton and Bundaberg, GPC is offering new...read more
Growth across the country's transport sector will be driven by the road and rail sectors according to a new report by Fitch Solutions.The credit market data specialist said the Federal Government's 10-year Infrastructure Investment Plan (IIP) supported the forecast...read more
Hays annual Salary Guide indicates that 57% of employers intend to increase permanent distribution staff levels in the 2019/20 financial year.This vacancy activity will be focused on multi-skilled candidates across transport, warehousing and supply chain. This is the...read more