Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
Closes Tuesday, 30 April 2019. The Technical Advisory Committee for the TLI Freight Forwarding Project has finalised draft materials for the project and would like your feedback. Click on the link below to view the draft qualification, units of...
Closes Tuesday, 30 April 2019. The Technical Advisory Committee for the TLI Chain of Responsibility Project, has finalised draft materials for the project and would like your feedback. Click on the link below to view the draft units of competency and to...
Skin Cancer is Australia’s most common form of cancer, with 2 in 3 Australians developing skin cancer before the age of 70. Early detection is vital in saving lives.As part of the Heavy Vehicle Safety Around Ports project, all businesses within the Port of Brisbane...