Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
The Driving Instructor Skill Set, from the TLI Transport and Logistics Training Package, has been updated to include current TAE Training and Education Units of Competency. Click here to view the updated Skill Set. Article courtesy of Australian Industry...
The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) said today's NRMA's Dead Tired would provide key recommendations to continue to address driver fatigue. NHVR CEO Sal Petroccitto said the report highlighted education and technology as key fatigue management tactics to...
Heavy vehicle supply chain businesses can access information on safety practices from other transport and logistics operators in a new NHVR video. NHVR CEO Sal Petroccitto said the latest NHVR video provided first-hand accounts from four heavy vehicle operators and...