Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
QTA CEO Gary Mahon said, “We fully support a bipartisan approach to infrastructure investment and this aligns with our priority to advance Queensland into the future by encouraging infrastructure investment that is necessary to give us a comparative...
The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) is calling for submissions for the next round of Australian Government funding to support industry-led safety projects. NHVR CEO Sal Petroccitto said “We are looking for submissions that detail implementable,...
The Australian Industry Standards Technical Advisory Committee for the TLI Scheduler Training Package Project has released draft qualifications, including new and reviewed Units of Competency, for feedback. To view the project updates and drafts, click on...