Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
The Livestock and Rural Transporters Association of Queensland (LRTAQ) is now taking nominations for its inaugural 2020 LRTAQ Inc. Young Person in Transport Awards.Nominees must be under 35 years of age and be employed or contracted to a business which is a financial...
Transport Women Australia Limited and Daimler Truck & Bus Australia Pacific have announced the establishment of their Driving the Difference scholarship program for women in, or wishing to join, the transport industry. As part of this initiative, Transport Women...
Inquiry into the importance of a viable, safe, sustainable and efficient road transport industry – Submissions invited
Deadline extended to 8 November 2019. On 11 September 2019, the Senate announced that the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport References Committee will be undertaking an inquiry into the importance of a viable, safe, sustainable and efficient road transport...