Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) have released a new online tool that maps service centres, truck stops and roadhouses that remain open for heavy vehicle drivers. NHVR CEO Sal Petroccitto said that the tool provided information about services and trading...
Invitation to participate in diversity research: Female participation in the supply chain and logistics workforce. Deakin University’s Centre for Supply Chain and Logistics is currently undertaking research exploring “why women don’t enter supply chain and logistics...
The Australian Trucking Association (ATA) has announced the finalists for the 2020 National Trucking Industry Awards, recognising businesses and individuals who have gone above and beyond the requirements of their role to improve their workplace and the industry. ...