Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
On behalf of the Industry Reference Committees (IRC's) that Australian Industry Standards (AIS) supports, the eleven 2019 IRC Skills Forecast and Proposed Schedule of Work documents have been submitted to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC).The IRC...read more
Protecting the safety of all road users and reducing the road toll is a national priority, with the skill and knowledge level of drivers being a critical ingredient in road safety.The Transport and Logistics’ Industry Reference Committee is working on a project to...read more
Closes Tuesday, 30 April 2019. The Technical Advisory Committee for the TLI Traffic Operations Project has finalised draft materials for the project and would like your feedback. Click on the link below to view the draft qualification, units of...read more