Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the TLI Stevedoring Qualifications Review Project has finalised draft materials and would like your feedback.The TAC reviewed 23 units relevant to the Stevedoring qualification, and developed one new unit in...
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the TLI Heavy Vehicle Driver Safety Project has finalised draft materials and would like your feedback.In addition, feedback is requested as to whether the unitsTLIC2002, TLIC3003, TLIC3004, TLIC3005 and TLIC4006...
On behalf of the Industry Reference Committees (IRC's) that Australian Industry Standards (AIS) supports, the eleven 2019 IRC Skills Forecast and Proposed Schedule of Work documents have been submitted to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC).The IRC...