Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
The lastest TLI activity updates: TLI Autonomous Rail Vehicle and Human Factors Case for Change TLI Freight Forwarding & Chain of Responsibility Case for Change TLI High Risk Work Licence Project TLI Logistics and Traffic Operations Case for Change ...
The Department of Employment, Small Business and Training are hosting an employer and industry consultation session for the Certificate III in Driving Operations. The Certificate III in Driving Operations is being reviewed as part of the planned 'Market Performance...
The 2018 IRC Key Findings Discussion Papers have been released for industry consultation. Outlining the future opportunities, challenges and new and emerging skills within the aviation, transport and logistics, maritime, energy, water and utilities, public safety,...