Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the TLI Heavy Vehicle Driver Safety Project, has finalised draft materials and would like your feedback.Please note the following information regarding the replacement of existing Units of Competency in this...
The Australian Trucking Association held it's 2019 National Trucking Industry Awards in April this year, celebrating the industry's finest individuals and organisations.Congratulations to all the award recipients:National Training Excellence Award - Australian...
Ministers have asked the National Transport Commission (NTC) to lead the review of the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) and its supporting regulations. NTC recognises that the current law is not best practice - it's outdated, complex, long, prescriptive and does not...