Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
Workforce: The number of individuals employed within the industry as measured by ABS. Value Add: The industry’s contribution to the Australian GDP (measured in $AUD billions). Growth: The anticipated percentage growth of the Workforce, over the next five years (to...read more
QTA CEO Gary Mahon said, “We fully support a bipartisan approach to infrastructure investment and this aligns with our priority to advance Queensland into the future by encouraging infrastructure investment that is necessary to give us a comparative...read more
The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) is calling for submissions for the next round of Australian Government funding to support industry-led safety projects. NHVR CEO Sal Petroccitto said “We are looking for submissions that detail implementable,...read more