Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
The Australian Industry Standards Technical Advisory Committee for the TLI Road Transport Yard Operations Training Package Project has released draft qualifications, including new and reviewed Units of Competency, for feedback. To view the project updates...read more
As part of National Safe Work Month, see the below snapshot of Road Transport fatalities and worker's compensation claims. Facebook Twitter LinkedInread more
The serious injury claim rate for road freight transport is significantly higher than that of other industries. View this document outlining the statistics on common injuries, causes and the costs to industry. Facebook Twitter LinkedInread more