Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
Hays annual Salary Guide indicates that 57% of employers intend to increase permanent distribution staff levels in the 2019/20 financial year.This vacancy activity will be focused on multi-skilled candidates across transport, warehousing and supply chain. This is the...
Major Training has partnered with SES Labour Solutions and Bromelton Quarry to put together a new Driver Development Mining Program.Students will gain nationally recognised rigid and articulated haul truck licences and Standard 11 Generic Induction through...
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the TLI Stevedoring Qualifications Review, has finalised draft materials for the project and would like your feedback.The TAC reviewed Certificates II, III and IV in Stevedoring.Click on the link below to view the...