Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
Read direct feedback from industry in relation to skills, training and workforce needs. The T&L Future Ready Report was commissioned by Jobs Queensland to identify the priority skills needs, skill shortages, opportunities and challenges for the future workforce...read more
The DigiT&L Futures program is a new initiative led by the QTA. The program aims to assist industries impacted by digital disruption by supporting a transition and adoption of new practices by existing workers. DIGIT&L FUTURES (Excel Skills) provides support...read more
TLI40118 - CERTIFICATE IV IN TRANSPORT SCHEDULING Second release of the qualification for those engaged in the Transport and Logistics Industry in a scheduling role. This is a qualification for those engaged in the Transport and Logistics Industry in a scheduling...read more