Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
Toowoomba and Cairns have been selected as the two regional sites for a multimillion-dollar investment to boost jobs on the Darling Downs and North Queensland and enhance the region’s reputation as an agricultural export hot spot. Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk...
The Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics has released the National profile of Transport, Postal and Warehousing workers in 2016. This study used ABS 2016 census data and provides details of the sub-industries in which Transport, Postal and...
World in a Box is a short film celebrating the 50th anniversary of International Container Services into Australia. This short film: provides a permanent record of the 50th anniversary of the first international door-to-door container service that arrived in Australia...