Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
The Australian Logistics Council (ALC) has released a report - Help Us Deliver which highlights several opportunities around Australia to deal with bottlenecks in freight networks, through targeted infrastructure investments. Investment in these projects is...
The ACCC has released its annual Container Stevedoring Monitoring Report 2018-19, which examines the performance of stevedores operating at Australia’s ports during the last financial year. Among the key findings of the report: A general weakening of the economy has...
Expressions of interest for presenting at the Forum close on 29 November 2019. ALC Forum 2020 is one of Australia's most significant annual supply chain industry events and will put the focus on this flourishing economic region that is already home to one in ten...