Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
Feedback closes Thursday 11 June 2020. The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) has considered all stakeholder feedback and finalised draft Training Package materials for the TLI Logistics and Warehousing Operations project. The Transport and Logistics Industry...
Feedback closes Tuesday 26 May 2020. The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the Fuel Storage Dangerous Goods Contractor project, has finalised draft materials for this project and would like your feedback. Feedback to be submitted by close of business Tuesday...
COVID-19 Hygiene Awareness for Truck & Delivery Drivers Training is a FREE online course that has been developed by Queensland Trucking Association and DRVR Training. It provides information on best-practice hygiene for drivers in the midst of the COVID-19...