Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
Closes 28th August 2019. Cross Sector Supply Chain Skills Project Regardless of which industry you’re currently working in, you’ll be impacted by multiple supply chains each and every day. Most likely you’re part of a supply chain, be it moving people,...read more
Nominations close 13 September 2019. The Cummins TMC Scholarship is an initiative that provides heavy vehicle apprentices with the experience and tools needed to develop industry knowledge and skills.The scholarship is awarded to three heavy vehicle...read more
Teletrac Navman have released a whitepaper for the Driving Change - Women in Transport campaign. Technology has changed the way workers perform their roles in the transport and logistics industry and we are seeing more women employed than ever. This campaign...read more