Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
Transport Women Australia Limited held their 20-year anniversary dinner on 16th November 2019 where the winners of the Driving the Difference scholarships were announced. Congratulations to the winners: Katie Hannifey - studying Diploma of Logistics, employed by Luke...
Training package development work has now been completed on the below projects. The draft training package materials have undergone independent edit and quality assurance and the Case for Endorsement is scheduled to be submitted to the Australian Industry Skills...
The Australian Logistics Council (ALC) has released a report - Help Us Deliver which highlights several opportunities around Australia to deal with bottlenecks in freight networks, through targeted infrastructure investments. Investment in these projects is...