Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
An article in Fully Loaded has outlined some of the early responses submitted to the Inquiry into the Importance of a viable, safe, sustainable and efficient road transport industry led by the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport References Committee. Some of the...
Daimler Trucks Brisbane has recently taken a convoy of trucks to the Toll NQX complex at Karawatha, a state of the art logistics facility situated some 22 kilometres south of Brisbane's CBD. This allowed them to showcase ongoing changes in truck development and meant...
Applications close Wednesday 23 October 2019. The trucking industry faces great change. To deal with it, we need a new generation of industry leaders. In conjunction with Daimler Truck and Bus and the Australian Trucking Association, the Queensland Trucking...