Road Freight Sector
- Queensland’s freight task is rising rapidly with an 89% increase predicted by 2026 (TMR, 2016).
- The road freight industry generated approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in the same year (IBISWorld, 2015).
- The freight network comprises of 13, 600 km of road (TMR, 2016).
- 149, 381 people employed within the road freight sector in Australia (IBISWorld, 2016).
- Road freight in Australia specialises in delivering time-sensitive / perishable commodities such fresh fruit and groceries, consumer goods and construction material. Road competes with rail in moving bulk commodities over longer distances (NTC, 2016).
Latest Road Freight News
As part of the Cross Sector Supply Chain Skills Project, the final draft Units of Competency and Skill Sets, along with the Companion Volume Implementation Guide compendium, have now been submitted to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) as part of...
Queensland Trucking Association Ltd members have the chance to be part of a ground-breaking initiative that will celebrate industry diversity, develop diversity champions, and improve industry image. The ATA’s Teletrac Navman Driving Change Diversity Program will...
There are many trends changing the way Australians work, including new technologies, shifting demographics and globalisation. To better assist Australians to navigate these changes, the Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business (DESSFB) is seeking to...