- The Maritime industry in Australia has an estimated annual revenue of $9.3 billion, adding $3.7 billion to the Australian economy in 2015-16 (Australian Industry Standards, 2016).
- Australia is currently the world’s 5th largest shipping nation in terms of the tonnage of its inbound and outbound freight task.
- 10 per cent of the world’s sea trade passes through Australian ports and 99 per cent of Australian trade is transported by sea.
- Our coastline is over 60,000 kilometres in length and our search and rescue region covers more than 10 per cent of the earth’s surface.
- Per capita, Australia has more cruise passengers than any other nation, making it the fourth-largest cruise market in the world.
Latest Maritime Industry News
The Port of Townsville Master Plan has been released setting out the sustainable development of port activities, operations and management while protecting the Great Barrier Reef. Sustainable planning includes the delivery of optimised port operations, economic growth...
ALC Forum 2020 is one of Australia's most significant annual supply chain industry events and will put the focus on this flourishing economic region that is already home to one in ten Australians - and is set to attract another half a million residents by 2031. The...
The Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) is updating its National Industry Insight Reports. These reports present skills, training, employment and labour market information and data. The Transport industry plays a key role in enabling Australia’s economic...