- The Maritime industry in Australia has an estimated annual revenue of $9.3 billion, adding $3.7 billion to the Australian economy in 2015-16 (Australian Industry Standards, 2016).
- Australia is currently the world’s 5th largest shipping nation in terms of the tonnage of its inbound and outbound freight task.
- 10 per cent of the world’s sea trade passes through Australian ports and 99 per cent of Australian trade is transported by sea.
- Our coastline is over 60,000 kilometres in length and our search and rescue region covers more than 10 per cent of the earth’s surface.
- Per capita, Australia has more cruise passengers than any other nation, making it the fourth-largest cruise market in the world.
Latest Maritime Industry News
The 2020 Australian Freight Industry Awards, will be going ahead this year in a Virtual format, complete with an awards ceremony and entertainment. The event will be live-streamed on SUNDAY 20TH SEPTEMBER from 7.30-8.45PM. Nominations are now open for the following...
As a result of COVID-19, a large number of workers require skills to decrease transmission of infection while undertaking their daily duties. A new Infection Control Skill Set has been developed and customised to suit those working in the Transport and Logistics...
Feedback closes Monday 27 July 2020. The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the MAR Maritime Towage project, has finalised draft materials and is inviting input to validate these drafts and ensure the proposed products meet industry needs. The draft materials...