- The Maritime industry in Australia has an estimated annual revenue of $9.3 billion, adding $3.7 billion to the Australian economy in 2015-16 (Australian Industry Standards, 2016).
- Australia is currently the world’s 5th largest shipping nation in terms of the tonnage of its inbound and outbound freight task.
- 10 per cent of the world’s sea trade passes through Australian ports and 99 per cent of Australian trade is transported by sea.
- Our coastline is over 60,000 kilometres in length and our search and rescue region covers more than 10 per cent of the earth’s surface.
- Per capita, Australia has more cruise passengers than any other nation, making it the fourth-largest cruise market in the world.
Latest Maritime Industry News
The 2020 IRC Skills Forecasts are now available to download. Industry Reference Committees (IRCs) have developed a 4 year proposed schedule of work identifying priority skills needs of industry and the proposed future training package activity required to address...
Registrations close Friday 25 September 2020. The Maritime Industry Reference Committee (IRC) has commenced work on the following projects and is looking for expressions of interest from industry experts to form a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC). MAR Dredging...
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the TLI Naval Shipbuilding (NSB) Integrated Logistics Support project has finalised draft materials and is inviting feedback. The TAC has met several times and refined the scope of the project to include two additional Units...