- The Maritime industry in Australia has an estimated annual revenue of $9.3 billion, adding $3.7 billion to the Australian economy in 2015-16 (Australian Industry Standards, 2016).
- Australia is currently the world’s 5th largest shipping nation in terms of the tonnage of its inbound and outbound freight task.
- 10 per cent of the world’s sea trade passes through Australian ports and 99 per cent of Australian trade is transported by sea.
- Our coastline is over 60,000 kilometres in length and our search and rescue region covers more than 10 per cent of the earth’s surface.
- Per capita, Australia has more cruise passengers than any other nation, making it the fourth-largest cruise market in the world.
Latest Maritime Industry News
The Maritime Operations (General Purpose Hand Near Coastal) project has commenced and the Maritime Industry Reference Committee is forming a Technical Advisory Committee.Your industry expertise and insight is welcome to help review and develop Training...
The Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) commissioned the review of the MAR Maritime Training Package with the objective to incorporate the Australian Maritime Safety Authority’s (AMSA) certification requirements and strengthen assessment requirements. The...
Cross Sector Supply Chain Skills Project Regardless of which industry you’re currently working in, you’ll be impacted by multiple supply chains each and every day. Most likely you’re part of a supply chain, be it moving people, products, data or...