- The Maritime industry in Australia has an estimated annual revenue of $9.3 billion, adding $3.7 billion to the Australian economy in 2015-16 (Australian Industry Standards, 2016).
- Australia is currently the world’s 5th largest shipping nation in terms of the tonnage of its inbound and outbound freight task.
- 10 per cent of the world’s sea trade passes through Australian ports and 99 per cent of Australian trade is transported by sea.
- Our coastline is over 60,000 kilometres in length and our search and rescue region covers more than 10 per cent of the earth’s surface.
- Per capita, Australia has more cruise passengers than any other nation, making it the fourth-largest cruise market in the world.
Latest Maritime Industry News
As part of the AVI Aviation and Maritime Transport Security project, the AISC have approved the Case for Endorsement for Training Package implementation. [button...read more
On Friday 14th December 2018, the Queensland Trucking Association (QTA Ltd) and Port of Brisbane Pty Ltd (PBPL) commenced a 12-month pilot of the new ‘SmartCap’ technology as part of its two-year Heavy Vehicle Safety Around Portsproject.SmartCap is a wearable...read more
This month’s Industry Insights focuses on female participation in the Maritime industry over the past 30 years. The Maritime industry has been proactive in increasing female participation which has traditionally been low. Today more females are expressing interest in...read more