- The Maritime industry in Australia has an estimated annual revenue of $9.3 billion, adding $3.7 billion to the Australian economy in 2015-16 (Australian Industry Standards, 2016).
- Australia is currently the world’s 5th largest shipping nation in terms of the tonnage of its inbound and outbound freight task.
- 10 per cent of the world’s sea trade passes through Australian ports and 99 per cent of Australian trade is transported by sea.
- Our coastline is over 60,000 kilometres in length and our search and rescue region covers more than 10 per cent of the earth’s surface.
- Per capita, Australia has more cruise passengers than any other nation, making it the fourth-largest cruise market in the world.
Latest Maritime Industry News
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the TLI Stevedoring Qualifications Review Project has finalised draft materials and would like your feedback.The TAC reviewed 23 units relevant to the Stevedoring qualification, and developed one new unit in...read more
On behalf of the Industry Reference Committees (IRC's) that Australian Industry Standards (AIS) supports, the eleven 2019 IRC Skills Forecast and Proposed Schedule of Work documents have been submitted to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC).The IRC...read more
Closes Tuesday, 30 April 2019. The Technical Advisory Committee for the TLI Traffic Operations Project has finalised draft materials for the project and would like your feedback. Click on the link below to view the draft qualification, units of...read more