- The Maritime industry in Australia has an estimated annual revenue of $9.3 billion, adding $3.7 billion to the Australian economy in 2015-16 (Australian Industry Standards, 2016).
- Australia is currently the world’s 5th largest shipping nation in terms of the tonnage of its inbound and outbound freight task.
- 10 per cent of the world’s sea trade passes through Australian ports and 99 per cent of Australian trade is transported by sea.
- Our coastline is over 60,000 kilometres in length and our search and rescue region covers more than 10 per cent of the earth’s surface.
- Per capita, Australia has more cruise passengers than any other nation, making it the fourth-largest cruise market in the world.
Latest Maritime Industry News
Feedback closes Monday 27 July 2020. The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the MAR Maritime Towage project, has finalised draft materials and is inviting input to validate these drafts and ensure the proposed products meet industry needs. The draft materials...
The 25th Annual DCN Shipping & Maritime Industry Awards will be held on Thursday, 12th November 2020 at Sydney's Four Seasons Hotel. Nominations are now open for the following categories: Liner Trade Award: Australia-South East Asia Liner Trade Award:...
Feedback closes Wednesday 15 July 2020. The Maritime Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) has finalised draft materials for the MAR Compass Adjuster Project, and would like your feedback. The TAC has developed two new Compass Adjuster Skill Sets and three new Units...