- The logistics and warehousing sector is an integral part of Australia’s supply chain employing more than 373,000 people across occupations including warehousing, logistics, storage and handling distribution.
- Specialised and higher-level computer skills, problem-solving and analytic skills, and more sophisticated contract management practices are driving a more integrated approach to logistics management.
- Warehouse facilities have moved towards becoming sophisticated distribution and information centres that provide linkages along a product’s entire supply chain, facilitating just-in-time supply of stock (IBISWorld, 2017).
- The rising popularity of online shopping and the growth of online retailers are expected to significantly benefit the logistics and warehousing industry (IBISWorld, 2017).
COVID-19: Transport industry updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s relief package to support transport operators including regional air, bus, ferry, heavy vehicle and personalised transport services.
- Read about Queensland state border access restrictions, including how to apply for an entry pass. Read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures for more information.
- View information on changes to transport and motoring services.
- Stay up to date with the road network conditions.
- Find workplace resources for the road freight industry from Safe Work Australia.
- Read about the Infection Control Training Fund available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including transport and logistics.
Latest Logistics Sector News
A Case for Change has been developed by the Transport and Logistics IRC to address the need for skilled pallet and pooled equipment workers across the Transport and Logistics supply chain. The Transport and Logistics IRC recommends that a new Skill Set and associated...
A Case for Change has been developed by the Transport and Logistics IRC to address the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) regulatory reforms concerning Freight Forwarding and Chain of Responsibility. The proposed review of TLI50316 Diploma of International Freight...
The Transport and Logistics Industry Reference Committee (IRC) invites stakeholders to provide feedback to inform the development of the 2018 Transport and Logistics IRC Skills Forecast. Feedback can be provided by clicking here. The opportunity to have input into the...