- The logistics and warehousing sector is an integral part of Australia’s supply chain employing more than 373,000 people across occupations including warehousing, logistics, storage and handling distribution.
- Specialised and higher-level computer skills, problem-solving and analytic skills, and more sophisticated contract management practices are driving a more integrated approach to logistics management.
- Warehouse facilities have moved towards becoming sophisticated distribution and information centres that provide linkages along a product’s entire supply chain, facilitating just-in-time supply of stock (IBISWorld, 2017).
- The rising popularity of online shopping and the growth of online retailers are expected to significantly benefit the logistics and warehousing industry (IBISWorld, 2017).
COVID-19: Transport industry updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s relief package to support transport operators including regional air, bus, ferry, heavy vehicle and personalised transport services.
- Read about Queensland state border access restrictions, including how to apply for an entry pass. Read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures for more information.
- View information on changes to transport and motoring services.
- Stay up to date with the road network conditions.
- Find workplace resources for the road freight industry from Safe Work Australia.
- Read about the Infection Control Training Fund available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including transport and logistics.
Latest Logistics Sector News
The lastest TLI activity updates: TLI Autonomous Rail Vehicle and Human Factors Case for Change TLI Freight Forwarding & Chain of Responsibility Case for Change TLI High Risk Work Licence Project TLI Logistics and Traffic Operations Case for Change ...
The 2018 IRC Key Findings Discussion Papers have been released for industry consultation. Outlining the future opportunities, challenges and new and emerging skills within the aviation, transport and logistics, maritime, energy, water and utilities, public safety,...
A Case for Change has been developed by the Transport and Logistics IRC to review two qualifications, TLI32416 Certificate III in Logistics and TLI42516 Certificate IV in Traffic Operations due to increases in traffic flow congestion and new technologies. TLI32416...