- The logistics and warehousing sector is an integral part of Australia’s supply chain employing more than 373,000 people across occupations including warehousing, logistics, storage and handling distribution.
- Specialised and higher-level computer skills, problem-solving and analytic skills, and more sophisticated contract management practices are driving a more integrated approach to logistics management.
- Warehouse facilities have moved towards becoming sophisticated distribution and information centres that provide linkages along a product’s entire supply chain, facilitating just-in-time supply of stock (IBISWorld, 2017).
- The rising popularity of online shopping and the growth of online retailers are expected to significantly benefit the logistics and warehousing industry (IBISWorld, 2017).
COVID-19: Transport industry updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s relief package to support transport operators including regional air, bus, ferry, heavy vehicle and personalised transport services.
- Read about Queensland state border access restrictions, including how to apply for an entry pass. Read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures for more information.
- View information on changes to transport and motoring services.
- Stay up to date with the road network conditions.
- Find workplace resources for the road freight industry from Safe Work Australia.
- Read about the Infection Control Training Fund available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including transport and logistics.
Latest Logistics Sector News
COVID-19 Hygiene Awareness for Truck & Delivery Drivers Training is a FREE online course that has been developed by Queensland Trucking Association and DRVR Training. It provides information on best-practice hygiene for drivers in the midst of the COVID-19...
The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) have released a new online tool that maps service centres, truck stops and roadhouses that remain open for heavy vehicle drivers. NHVR CEO Sal Petroccitto said that the tool provided information about services and trading...
Invitation to participate in diversity research: Female participation in the supply chain and logistics workforce. Deakin University’s Centre for Supply Chain and Logistics is currently undertaking research exploring “why women don’t enter supply chain and logistics...