- The logistics and warehousing sector is an integral part of Australia’s supply chain employing more than 373,000 people across occupations including warehousing, logistics, storage and handling distribution.
- Specialised and higher-level computer skills, problem-solving and analytic skills, and more sophisticated contract management practices are driving a more integrated approach to logistics management.
- Warehouse facilities have moved towards becoming sophisticated distribution and information centres that provide linkages along a product’s entire supply chain, facilitating just-in-time supply of stock (IBISWorld, 2017).
- The rising popularity of online shopping and the growth of online retailers are expected to significantly benefit the logistics and warehousing industry (IBISWorld, 2017).
COVID-19: Transport industry updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s relief package to support transport operators including regional air, bus, ferry, heavy vehicle and personalised transport services.
- Read about Queensland state border access restrictions, including how to apply for an entry pass. Read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures for more information.
- View information on changes to transport and motoring services.
- Stay up to date with the road network conditions.
- Find workplace resources for the road freight industry from Safe Work Australia.
- Read about the Infection Control Training Fund available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including transport and logistics.
Latest Logistics Sector News
Closing Thursday 15 April 2021. The Technical Advisory Committees (TACs) for the Supply Chain Operations – Certificates I and IV and Driving Operations projects have considered all stakeholder feedback and revised draft training materials. Final draft materials have...
Closing Friday 30 April 2021. The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) is seeking feedback on the draft Heavy Vehicle Safety Strategy 2021-2025. The Safety Strategy sets out the NHVR's strategic ambitions to improve heavy vehicle safety outcomes and contribute to a...
Australian Industry Standards are holding a series of Industry Skills 360 webinars about emerging trends for industry, cross-sector issues, and proposed qualification changes to support workforce needs. Hear from the Industry Reference Committee about current industry...