- The logistics and warehousing sector is an integral part of Australia’s supply chain employing more than 373,000 people across occupations including warehousing, logistics, storage and handling distribution.
- Specialised and higher-level computer skills, problem-solving and analytic skills, and more sophisticated contract management practices are driving a more integrated approach to logistics management.
- Warehouse facilities have moved towards becoming sophisticated distribution and information centres that provide linkages along a product’s entire supply chain, facilitating just-in-time supply of stock (IBISWorld, 2017).
- The rising popularity of online shopping and the growth of online retailers are expected to significantly benefit the logistics and warehousing industry (IBISWorld, 2017).
COVID-19: Transport industry updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s relief package to support transport operators including regional air, bus, ferry, heavy vehicle and personalised transport services.
- Read about Queensland state border access restrictions, including how to apply for an entry pass. Read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures for more information.
- View information on changes to transport and motoring services.
- Stay up to date with the road network conditions.
- Find workplace resources for the road freight industry from Safe Work Australia.
- Read about the Infection Control Training Fund available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including transport and logistics.
Latest Logistics Sector News
Feedback closing Monday 8 March 2021. The Technical Advisory Committees (TACs) for the Supply Chain Operations - Certificates I and IV and Driving Operations projects have drafted materials and would like your feedback. Supply Chain Operations - Certificates I and IV...
Strategix is currently offering fee free training of a Logistics Skill Set funded under the JobTrainer scheme. The Skill Set is designed for Warehouse and Logistics staff who are already working in the industry and provides an opportunity for participants to upgrade...
The 2021 Teletrac Navman Driving Change Diversity Program showcases diversity champions to the trucking industry and wider community through program participant stories, diversity training and a marketing campaign, promoting positive perception of industry and...