- The logistics and warehousing sector is an integral part of Australia’s supply chain employing more than 373,000 people across occupations including warehousing, logistics, storage and handling distribution.
- Specialised and higher-level computer skills, problem-solving and analytic skills, and more sophisticated contract management practices are driving a more integrated approach to logistics management.
- Warehouse facilities have moved towards becoming sophisticated distribution and information centres that provide linkages along a product’s entire supply chain, facilitating just-in-time supply of stock (IBISWorld, 2017).
- The rising popularity of online shopping and the growth of online retailers are expected to significantly benefit the logistics and warehousing industry (IBISWorld, 2017).
COVID-19: Transport industry updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s relief package to support transport operators including regional air, bus, ferry, heavy vehicle and personalised transport services.
- Read about Queensland state border access restrictions, including how to apply for an entry pass. Read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures for more information.
- View information on changes to transport and motoring services.
- Stay up to date with the road network conditions.
- Find workplace resources for the road freight industry from Safe Work Australia.
- Read about the Infection Control Training Fund available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including transport and logistics.
Latest Logistics Sector News
Closing Monday 19 July 2021. The Transport and Logistics Industry Reference Committee (IRC) is looking for subject matter experts to form Technical Advisory Committees (TACs) for three new projects which have now commenced. Your industry expertise and insight is...
Four Points of Contact is a study and education campaign for new heavy vehicle drivers that Shift Training has successfully received funding for as part of the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator’s Heavy Vehicle Safety Initiative. The program will provide a short course...
Closing Friday, 18 June 2021. The Bruce Highway Trust Advisory Council and the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) are seeking your views on issues and priorities for the Bruce Highway, which connects the 1,677km length from Brisbane to Cairns along the...