- The logistics and warehousing sector is an integral part of Australia’s supply chain employing more than 373,000 people across occupations including warehousing, logistics, storage and handling distribution.
- Specialised and higher-level computer skills, problem-solving and analytic skills, and more sophisticated contract management practices are driving a more integrated approach to logistics management.
- Warehouse facilities have moved towards becoming sophisticated distribution and information centres that provide linkages along a product’s entire supply chain, facilitating just-in-time supply of stock (IBISWorld, 2017).
- The rising popularity of online shopping and the growth of online retailers are expected to significantly benefit the logistics and warehousing industry (IBISWorld, 2017).
COVID-19: Transport industry updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s relief package to support transport operators including regional air, bus, ferry, heavy vehicle and personalised transport services.
- Read about Queensland state border access restrictions, including how to apply for an entry pass. Read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures for more information.
- View information on changes to transport and motoring services.
- Stay up to date with the road network conditions.
- Find workplace resources for the road freight industry from Safe Work Australia.
- Read about the Infection Control Training Fund available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including transport and logistics.
Latest Logistics Sector News
Gain a qualification for work in the transport industry. Get BUSY Trucking - Diesel Mechanics is a course for women providing the skills and confidence that can lead to a career in the Transport/Automotive industry. The course is delivered by Busy At Work and is...
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) has considered all stakeholder feedback and finalised draft Training Package materials for the TLI Logistics and Warehousing Operations project. The Transport and Logistics Industry Reference Committee is now seeking your...
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the Fuel Storage Dangerous Goods Contractor project, has finalised draft materials for this project and would like your feedback. Feedback to be submitted by close of business Tuesday 26 May 2020. [button...