- The logistics and warehousing sector is an integral part of Australia’s supply chain employing more than 373,000 people across occupations including warehousing, logistics, storage and handling distribution.
- Specialised and higher-level computer skills, problem-solving and analytic skills, and more sophisticated contract management practices are driving a more integrated approach to logistics management.
- Warehouse facilities have moved towards becoming sophisticated distribution and information centres that provide linkages along a product’s entire supply chain, facilitating just-in-time supply of stock (IBISWorld, 2017).
- The rising popularity of online shopping and the growth of online retailers are expected to significantly benefit the logistics and warehousing industry (IBISWorld, 2017).
COVID-19: Transport industry updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s relief package to support transport operators including regional air, bus, ferry, heavy vehicle and personalised transport services.
- Read about Queensland state border access restrictions, including how to apply for an entry pass. Read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures for more information.
- View information on changes to transport and motoring services.
- Stay up to date with the road network conditions.
- Find workplace resources for the road freight industry from Safe Work Australia.
- Read about the Infection Control Training Fund available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including transport and logistics.
Latest Logistics Sector News
The Transport and Logistics Industry Reference Committee (IRC) has developed Cases for Change for Training Package development work to address priority skills needs in the occupational areas below and is seeking your feedback. Customs Broking Driving Instruction...
The Transport and Logistics Training Package (Release 9.0) has been endorsed by Skills Ministers for implementation. The Transport and Logistics Industry Reference Committee (IRC), on behalf of the Naval Shipbuilding IRC, has developed seven new Units of Competency...
The Brisbane Truck Show Jobs Hub is a one-stop-shop for students, job seekers, industry and employment stakeholders that will showcase the best of the heavy vehicle industry in a dynamic and interesting way to entice young people and job seekers into gainful...