- The logistics and warehousing sector is an integral part of Australia’s supply chain employing more than 373,000 people across occupations including warehousing, logistics, storage and handling distribution.
- Specialised and higher-level computer skills, problem-solving and analytic skills, and more sophisticated contract management practices are driving a more integrated approach to logistics management.
- Warehouse facilities have moved towards becoming sophisticated distribution and information centres that provide linkages along a product’s entire supply chain, facilitating just-in-time supply of stock (IBISWorld, 2017).
- The rising popularity of online shopping and the growth of online retailers are expected to significantly benefit the logistics and warehousing industry (IBISWorld, 2017).
COVID-19: Transport industry updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s relief package to support transport operators including regional air, bus, ferry, heavy vehicle and personalised transport services.
- Read about Queensland state border access restrictions, including how to apply for an entry pass. Read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures for more information.
- View information on changes to transport and motoring services.
- Stay up to date with the road network conditions.
- Find workplace resources for the road freight industry from Safe Work Australia.
- Read about the Infection Control Training Fund available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including transport and logistics.
Latest Logistics Sector News
Registrations close Wednesday 30 September 2020. Work has commenced on the projects below and the Transport & Logistics Industry Reference Committee is looking for subject matter experts to form a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for each project. TLI Driving...
The 2020 IRC Skills Forecasts are now available to download. Industry Reference Committees (IRCs) have developed a 4 year proposed schedule of work identifying priority skills needs of industry and the proposed future training package activity required to address...
The final draft Case for Endorsement and training package materials have been released for the Transport & Logistics Training Package (Release 8.0). This included work on the following projects: TLI Fuel Storage Dangerous Goods Contractor TLI Logistics &...