- The logistics and warehousing sector is an integral part of Australia’s supply chain employing more than 373,000 people across occupations including warehousing, logistics, storage and handling distribution.
- Specialised and higher-level computer skills, problem-solving and analytic skills, and more sophisticated contract management practices are driving a more integrated approach to logistics management.
- Warehouse facilities have moved towards becoming sophisticated distribution and information centres that provide linkages along a product’s entire supply chain, facilitating just-in-time supply of stock (IBISWorld, 2017).
- The rising popularity of online shopping and the growth of online retailers are expected to significantly benefit the logistics and warehousing industry (IBISWorld, 2017).
COVID-19: Transport industry updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s relief package to support transport operators including regional air, bus, ferry, heavy vehicle and personalised transport services.
- Read about Queensland state border access restrictions, including how to apply for an entry pass. Read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures for more information.
- View information on changes to transport and motoring services.
- Stay up to date with the road network conditions.
- Find workplace resources for the road freight industry from Safe Work Australia.
- Read about the Infection Control Training Fund available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including transport and logistics.
Latest Logistics Sector News
The Transport and logistics Industry Reference Committee (IRC), on behalf of the Naval Shipbuilding IRC, is leading a project to ensure that the skilling requirements for the naval shipbuilding and sustainment industries are reflected in relevant training packages....
The Australian Trucking Association (ATA) and Teletrac Navman have today announced the participants of a ground-breaking initiative that will celebrate the industry’s diversity and develop diversity champions. An industry first, the 2020 Teletrac Navman Driving...
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the TLI Fuel Storage Dangerous Goods Contractor Project, has finalised draft materials and would like your feedback. Draft units of competency are available and feedback can be submitted up to close of business Friday 28...