- The logistics and warehousing sector is an integral part of Australia’s supply chain employing more than 373,000 people across occupations including warehousing, logistics, storage and handling distribution.
- Specialised and higher-level computer skills, problem-solving and analytic skills, and more sophisticated contract management practices are driving a more integrated approach to logistics management.
- Warehouse facilities have moved towards becoming sophisticated distribution and information centres that provide linkages along a product’s entire supply chain, facilitating just-in-time supply of stock (IBISWorld, 2017).
- The rising popularity of online shopping and the growth of online retailers are expected to significantly benefit the logistics and warehousing industry (IBISWorld, 2017).
COVID-19: Transport industry updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s relief package to support transport operators including regional air, bus, ferry, heavy vehicle and personalised transport services.
- Read about Queensland state border access restrictions, including how to apply for an entry pass. Read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures for more information.
- View information on changes to transport and motoring services.
- Stay up to date with the road network conditions.
- Find workplace resources for the road freight industry from Safe Work Australia.
- Read about the Infection Control Training Fund available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including transport and logistics.
Latest Logistics Sector News
The Heavy Vehicle Transport Industry: Chain of Responsibility Survey aims to identify whether or not the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) and Compliance & Enforcement (C&E) legislation is having effective impacts on organisational and driving behaviours...
Feedback closes Friday 2 October 2020. The Technical Advisory Committee for the TLI Naval Shipbuilding Integrated Logistics Support Project, has finalised draft training materials and is seeking feedback. Click on the link below to view the draft materials and...
Freight & Trade Alliance (FTA), Container Transport Alliance Australia (CTAA), and the Australian Peak Shippers Association (APSA), have partnered with the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) to create the Safe Container Loading Practices & Heavy Vehicle...