- The logistics and warehousing sector is an integral part of Australia’s supply chain employing more than 373,000 people across occupations including warehousing, logistics, storage and handling distribution.
- Specialised and higher-level computer skills, problem-solving and analytic skills, and more sophisticated contract management practices are driving a more integrated approach to logistics management.
- Warehouse facilities have moved towards becoming sophisticated distribution and information centres that provide linkages along a product’s entire supply chain, facilitating just-in-time supply of stock (IBISWorld, 2017).
- The rising popularity of online shopping and the growth of online retailers are expected to significantly benefit the logistics and warehousing industry (IBISWorld, 2017).
COVID-19: Transport industry updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s relief package to support transport operators including regional air, bus, ferry, heavy vehicle and personalised transport services.
- Read about Queensland state border access restrictions, including how to apply for an entry pass. Read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures for more information.
- View information on changes to transport and motoring services.
- Stay up to date with the road network conditions.
- Find workplace resources for the road freight industry from Safe Work Australia.
- Read about the Infection Control Training Fund available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including transport and logistics.
Latest Logistics Sector News
Draft training materials for Transport and Logistics Training Package Release 13.0 have undergone independent edit and quality assurance and are scheduled for submission to the Australian Industry & Skills Committee (AISC) in June 2022. This included work on the...
Closing Wednesday 22 June 2022. The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the Materiel and Deployment Logistics project has considered all stakeholder feedback and is now seeking validation of revised draft Training Package materials. The revised materials include...
Closes Friday 20 May 2022. The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the TLI Mobile Crane Operations project, has considered all stakeholder feedback and revised draft Training Package materials, including two qualifications and seven Units of Competency. These...