- The logistics and warehousing sector is an integral part of Australia’s supply chain employing more than 373,000 people across occupations including warehousing, logistics, storage and handling distribution.
- Specialised and higher-level computer skills, problem-solving and analytic skills, and more sophisticated contract management practices are driving a more integrated approach to logistics management.
- Warehouse facilities have moved towards becoming sophisticated distribution and information centres that provide linkages along a product’s entire supply chain, facilitating just-in-time supply of stock (IBISWorld, 2017).
- The rising popularity of online shopping and the growth of online retailers are expected to significantly benefit the logistics and warehousing industry (IBISWorld, 2017).
COVID-19: Transport industry updates
- Read about the Queensland Government’s relief package to support transport operators including regional air, bus, ferry, heavy vehicle and personalised transport services.
- Read about Queensland state border access restrictions, including how to apply for an entry pass. Read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures for more information.
- View information on changes to transport and motoring services.
- Stay up to date with the road network conditions.
- Find workplace resources for the road freight industry from Safe Work Australia.
- Read about the Infection Control Training Fund available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including transport and logistics.
Latest Logistics Sector News
The Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Skills Council has endorsed the Transport & Logistics Training Package (Release 6.0) for implementation. The approved training package is now available on training.gov.au. The following materials were approved:...
Comments to be submitted by 25 October 2020. The National Transport Commission (NTC) has released the HVNL review consultation regulation impact statement (RIS) which includes over 40 reform options to improve the Heavy Vehicle National Law. The structure of each...
Feedback closes Monday 13 July 2020. The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the TLI Logistics and Warehousing Operations Project, has finalised draft materials for the proposed Certificate II in Supply Chain Operations Qualification and would like your feedback. ...