- New restrictions – gatherings, aged care and health facilities: New restrictions are in place for more areas of Queensland, effective 31 August 2020. Businesses can continue to operate in line with COVID Safe plans.
- Schoolies Week events cancelled: Accommodation providers must adhere to additional restrictions between 21 November and 11 December. Restrictions for restaurants, pubs and clubs are unchanged. Read the media release for more information.
- Queensland border restrictions: Read Queensland’s current border restrictions and changes to COVID-19 hotspots and border restrictions.
- Protect your seasonal workforce: If you employ seasonal workers you must have a workplace health management plan to manage and prevent transmission of COVID-19 in your workplace and the community.
- COVID Safe businesses and plans: Stage 3 eased restrictions now apply. Read the reinstated restriction for businesses to ensure customers in food and drink venues remain seated (effective from 24 July 2020).
- Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant: Applications for regional Queensland are still open—check your eligibility and apply now for up to $10,000 funding for micro and small businesses impacted by COVID-19. Round 2 for South East Queensland has now closed.
- Queensland Small Business Commissioner: Commercial landlords and tenants can seek help to resolve COVID-19 impacted lease disputes.
- Contact us: Phone the Small Business Hotline on 1300 654 687 or take our business impact survey so we can link you with relevant support.