Essential COVID-19 information:
From 6pm Tuesday 29 June 2021 until 6pm Friday, 2 July 2021, South East Queensland, Townsville and Palm Island will go into a three-day lock down.
People in these regions must wear a mask when they leave home and can only leave their homes for the following reasons:
- obtaining essential goods or services, including healthcare (including vaccinations)
- attending essential work or childcare
- assisting vulnerable persons.
Non-essential businesses are not allowed to operate. Cinemas, entertainment and recreation venues, hairdressers, beauty and personal care services, gyms and places of worship will all close.
Childcare centres will remain open.
Restaurants and cafes can provide take away or home delivery services only.
Funerals will be limited to 20 people, and weddings will be limited to 10 people, including the celebrant and the couple.
Restrictions on aged care, hospitals, disability care and correctional facilities apply with no personal visitors allowed.
This applies to the following 13 Local Government Areas:
- Sunshine Coast
- Moreton Bay
- Gold Coast
- Scenic Rim
- Lockyer Valley
- Townsville City
- Palm Island Aboriginal Shire
Important information about face masks
- You must carry a face mask at all times when you leave home, unless you have a lawful reason not to.
- You must wear a mask in indoor spaces, such as shopping centres and supermarkets and indoor workplaces (where safe to wear a mask and you can’t physically distance).
- Masks may be removed when sitting down to eat and drink, undertaking strenuous exercise and for employment purposes.
- Masks do not need to be worn in some circumstances, including children under 12 years, where people have certain medical conditions, and in workplaces where it is not safe to do so.
These restrictions are currently in place until 6pm Friday 2 July and the situation will be reviewed Friday morning.
More information will be provided when the updated public health direction from the Chief Health Officer becomes available.
For the latest information visit the Queensland Government’s website.
Additional information from Business Queensland:
- Lockdown in parts of Queensland: Lockdown applies from 6pm, 29 June 2021 for 11 local government areas in South East Queensland, as well as Townsville (including Magnetic Island) and Palm Island. Find out what your business needs to do to meet current COVID-19 requirements.
- Check In Qld app: Download the free Check In Qld app to collect customer information. More businesses must use the app from 9 July 2021.
- Current border restrictions: Learn about how to apply for a border or travel declaration pass.
- Business health and safety resources: Download COVID-19 posters, signs, fact sheets and resources for your business.
- Phone the Small Business Hotline on 1300 654 687 to be linked with relevant support.