Greater Brisbane lockdown ends 6pm 11 January 2021, new restrictions in place until 1am Friday 22 January 2021.
Some restrictions will be reintroduced on businesses, gatherings and the general public for ten days from 6pm Monday 11 January through to 1am Friday 22 January 2021:
Masks for Greater Brisbane
- Must be worn in indoor places including shopping centres and supermarkets, gyms, workplaces where people cannot socially distance and where it is safe, places of worship, libraries, public transport, taxis and ride share vehicles
- Must be carried at all times
- Are not required to be worn when outdoors at a safe distance from other people (for example, walking a dog), in private vehicles or doing strenuous exercise
- Must be worn by customer facing staff at restaurants and cafes, but are not required by patrons when they are eating or drinking
Businesses and venues
- Indoors: 1 person per 4 sqm
- Outdoors: 1 person per 2 sqm
- Seated eating and drinking only
- Smaller venues up to 200 sqm: 1 person per 2sqm up to a maximum of 50
- No dancing except for weddings
Gatherings (indoor and outdoor)
- Up to 20 in homes and public spaces
- Weddings: up to 100. No restriction on dancing
- Funerals: up to 100
- Indoor concert venues or theatres: 50% capacity or 1 person per 4 sqm whichever is greater
- Outdoor stadiums: 50% capacity with COVID-safe plans
Please see the updated Roadmap for easing restrictions for more information on today’s announcement.
Please visit the Queensland Government website for the latest information, including updated health directions and FAQs.
There are also a range of resources for multicultural communities to support communication to your employees and customers.
As further information becomes available, updates will be made to the Business Queensland website. You can also call the Small Business Hotline on 1300 654 687.