Lockdown restrictions will end in the 11 South East Queensland LGAs (Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich, Lockyer Valley, Logan, Moreton Bay, Noosa, Redland City, Scenic Rim, Somerset and Sunshine Coast) at 4pm today, Sunday 8 August.
A 3-day lockdown will commence in Cairns and Yarrabah at 4pm today, Sunday 8 August until 4pm Wednesday 11 August.
For the updated details, please refer to the Roadmap to easing restrictions for the latest information.
South East Queensland
The South East Queensland lockdown will end at 4pm Sunday 8 August. The following restrictions must continue to be followed until 4pm Sunday 22 August:
- Mask wearing is required at all times (including public transport and workplaces even where physical distancing is possible) unless alone or with members of your household with the exception of when eating or drinking, or doing strenuous exercise or it is unsafe.
- Schools will reopen, with all staff and high school students wearing masks.
- 10 people in your home, including people who live there.
- Up to 10 people can gather in public spaces, such as parks and beaches
- Maximum 20 people at weddings (dancing is only permitted at weddings)
- Maximum 20 people attending a funeral including those officiating
- Community sport is not permitted
- Reconsider travel to outside of South East Queensland
- Visitors allowed to hospitals, aged care and disability accommodation.
Important information for businesses and venues (including places of worship, convention centres, dining, gyms, hairdressers, beauty and personal care services) are allowed to operate operate with the following density restrictions:
- Indoor: 1 person per 4 square metres or 50% capacity with ticketed and allocated seating
- Smaller venues up to 200 square metres: 1 person per 2 square metres up to a maximum of 50 people
- Outdoor: 1 person per 2 square metres
- Eating and drinking must be seated
- No dancing permitted except at weddings.
The latest information will be available from the Queensland Government’s website.
Cairns and Yarrabah
Cairns Regional Council and Yarrabah Aboriginal Shire Council will start a 3-day lockdown from 4pm Sunday 8 August.
Until 4pm Wednesday 11 August residents and recent visitors must stay home unless:
- buying essentials like groceries or medications
- doing essential work that can’t be done from home
- exercising within your local area
- attending to your own healthcare or providing help, care or support to a vulnerable person.
Other restrictions are outlined in the Roadmap to easing restrictions including:
- Restricted businesses and activities must close
- Schools and childcare only open to children of essential workers and vulnerable children
- 2 visitors allowed in homes (excluding those who live there)
Mask wearing is required at all times (including public transport and workplaces even where physical distancing is possible) unless alone or with members of your household with the exception of when eating or drinking, or doing strenuous exercise or it is unsafe.